Thursday 5 March 2009

MY DECLARATION TO THE WORLD

.

I am about to abandon my SISTERS.
I am breaking ranks, I am abdicating my post.
I am deserting the ship, I am forsaking my past.
I am apostatizing from the FEMALE world.
I am about to declare to all who will listen:
.
"I HATE SHOPPING"
.
I know ladies, .... I sound like a traitor,
But, for three months I have been trying
to buy just a simple little dress.
Nothing fancy, just a nice little church dress.
.
Oh, I found a couple - mixed in with
all the PANT SUITS.
.
Some only came in a size 6.
Some had $150.00 price tags.
Most showed everything I had,
( or wished I had)
including my UNDERWEAR.
.
I guess I will just keep wearing skirts and tops.
But don't be surprise if I show up at church
wearing my
MU MU

3 comments:

o charm said...

grandma, i hear you!!!
especially for dresses. impossible. to find something modest, in the right price range, CUTE and then that fits right!! there are just too many factors, it's nearly impossible. i recommend going to thailand and hiring a cheap tailor!

lindsay said...

mmm, grandma, i think you're not alone... more often than not, i hate it too. it seems like whenever i don't have the cash and am just trying to amuse myself i can find hundreds of things to buy. but when i go out, looking for that one particular thing, i can never find it!! so yeah, i'm with you. ps: aren't we all going to be wearing mumus in heaven anyway? :)

OnGod'sErrand said...

C'mon girls! It's the thrill of the hunt! There's something out there---you just have to seek and find. Don't give up! (Although, I have to admit, it never looks as good on me as it does on the mannequin---or the hanger:-)