Thursday 22 January 2009

COWBOY POETRY GATHERING

"NOW THIS IS A TRUE STORY"
When a Cowboy is telling a particularly funny
tail from the dusty trail, it never hurts
to add that famous guarantee.
That's how many of the Cowboys start as
they spin their yarns and recite their poems.
If you have never been to the
ARVADA COLORADO COWBOY POETRY GATHERING
you have no idea what a fun time you have
missed.
TOE TAPPING MUSIC,
SIDE SPLITTING STORIES,
TEAR JERKING POETRY.
"Yep"
Quen and I have been attending since 2004 and
we have enjoyed every year.
We most love the daytime sessions, because you
can get so "Up Close and Personal"
with the performers
Here are a few of my favorites.
Jon Chandler and Milton Taylor
Jon Chandler is an award winning singer and song
writer. He has a rich, full voice that I love to
listen to.
Milton Taylor is probably my favorite, partly because
he is so friendly, but I really enjoy his poems and the
great way he preforms them. He is from New South
Wales, Australia and he brings a new view with his
AUSTRALIAN BUSH POETRY.

Bill Warwick and
Pop Wagner
Two more great showmen, Songs, Poems and Rope Tricks

Andy Nelson - (and son)

Another of my most favorite cowboys is Andy Nelson.
He is a farrier from Pinedale, Wyominng and has
the talents and humor that makes him a
great entertainer.
I always make sure I get to one of his sessions and
I always come away laughing.


Liz Masterson, Jackie Morgan and Doris Daley

We also have some great COWGIRLS
Liz Masterson is a real showwoman. She is one
of the coordinators of the Gathering.
She has a super singing voice, plays great guitar and
her YODELING is far out.
Jackie Morgan and Doris Daley write and preform
poetry. Doris Daley is outstanding and has
a wonderful sense of humor

It's just a different kind of entertainment you don't
get to see very often. I love the humor,
I love the music, I love the comedy

AND THAT'S A TRUE STORY

4 comments:

Jodi said...

We gotta get there with you one year. It sounds like such a kick. Is it completely over for this year?

Leslie Aldridge said...

Looks like some of my favorites from last year were back again. I am glad that you had a great time.
And that's a true story too.

BERRETT'S said...

Holy Cow Jane! I was scrolling through this and there was a member of our bishopbric in Pinedale Wyoming. I know Andy Nelson very well and served with his wife in young womens. I thinks its great you could hear him. He was also my chiropractor. Small World! Good to be back to the blogging world. See you soon.

OnGod'sErrand said...

Can't wait to put on my hat and boots and join you next year. I think you could write poetry and be up there on stage with them. You'd be a hoot!